Google+ Followers

Tuesday, 3 November 2015

                         SEPTEMBER 2015 BEAUTY AND SKINCARE FAVOURITES/DISLIKES (PART 1)

Hey guys! it's been too long. I have been  away for so long because I had to concentrate on my Masters degree. Anyway, I have my September favourites and dislikes to show you. Thanks for stopping by.





From the left to the right: Balance Vitamin C Power Serum, YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum, Kiehls Aromatic Blends Vanilla and Cedarwood Skin Softening Body Lotion, Kiehl's Micro Blur Skin Perfector, Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner(Body Shop), Dior Addict Gloss, Diorific Mat Lipstick, Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer 599 Pink, Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter, YSL Le Teint Foundation, Dr Bronner's Magic Soaps(Hemp Green Tea), Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask, Loreal Superliner(Black), L.A. Girl PRO conceal/ High definition concealer, Loreal Infallible Mattifying Base, YSL Touche Eclat, Dior Show Brow Styler(Brow Pencil), Capture Totale Dream Skin Dior(Tester),  MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Gold Deposit.

 1. BALANCE VITAMIN C POWER SERUM-  I decided to incorporate a vitamin c serum in my skincare regimen because it helps the skin look younger and healthier! It reduces the appearance of brown spots and sun damage. Using a good vitamin c serum can increase the effectiveness of your sunscreen. This particular brand is good and affordable. I use it after my toner and before my moisturiser. I got it from TK Maxx but it’s cheaper on Amazon. Yes, I would repurchase this product.

2. YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum- Sometime last month Debenhams was on sale, 10% off beauty and Skincare and of course I had to go. Prior to this day, I had never used a serum before. My beauty/skincare regimen was: Cleanse, Tone and moisturize. I decided to try this serum and honestly I was disappointed. My expectations were too high lol! Maybe that’s why. However, I don’t think it is worth £65. I won’t repurchase this product.

3. Kiehl’s Aromatic Blends Vanilla and Cedarwood Body Lotion- I was in London early last month and I ran out of my strawberry body butter. I had no body shop voucher nor points on my loyalty card. So I walked into Kiehl’s (Kings Cross Station Btw) and tried out some body butters they had  in stock and this was my absolute favourite!  It smells so good and it does what it says. I’ve been using it for about 3 weeks and it’s almost finished. It retails for £24. I would only repurchase this product if it goes on sale.

4. Kiehl's Micro Blur Skin Perfector- I hate large pores so much! I’m constantly looking for ways to shrink my pores. I ordered this product from Kiehl’s without reading the reviews, big mistake! what was I thinking lol. It looked good for a week but after that it felt like another miss. I would not repurchase this product again. I got it for £23.

5.  Tea Tree Clearing Toner (Body Shop)- This is my Holy Grail toner. This toner removes any trace of make up, cleanser and impurities from my face. The mattifying powder underneath leaves my skin shine free (controls shine). I started using this last year and my skin has improved so much. It retails for £5.50 and yes I would repurchase it.

6. Dior Addict Gloss 972 Cult – Definitely a fall lippie. The colour and shine is amazing. However, you have to keep applying it cause it does not have a matte finish. It goes away after eating etc. I would purchase another colour but not this particular one. It retails for £22.50 in Debenhams but it’s cheaper on escentual.com (£20.25).

7. Dior Rouge Mat Lipstick 590 Troublante- This is from their new collection. Amazing Lipstick! It’s easily my fav lipstick right now. The colour is rich and it stays on my lip the whole day. If I don’t want to wear it alone I use the 972 Cult on it. Ugh! So pretty. I got it from Debenhams for £28. I would purchase other colours as well.

8.  Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer 599 Pink- To be honest, nothing too special about this but it’s a pretty colour and it lasts on your nails if you use a top coat (clear nail polish). I won’t repurchase this product. I got it from Debenhams for £18(not too sure)

 Thank you for stopping by today. I will review the remaining products soon. Love unfeigned, Mildred.

   

1 comment: